Tuesday, December 20, 2011
A Morsel of S'mores Goodness
This recipe is super easy and really good. My husband advises people to not eat it in the evening as it is very sweet!
Syd's Morsel of S'mores Goodness
1 stick of butter
1 to 1.5 bags of mini marshmallows (I used 1.5 to make them extra marshmallow-y but 1 would be enough)
1 box Golden Grahams Cereal
1 bag of milk-chocolate chocolate chips (I used Nestle because they were on sale)
spray oil or butter
1) Melt butter in a stock pot over medium heat, while stirring often. Do not leave stove during the entire recipe!
2) Pour marshmallows into stock pot and stir into butter ensuring each marshmallow is covered in melted butter. Continue to stir until marshmallows are completely melted. Shut off burner and remove stock pot from heat.
3) Pour cereal into stockpot and stir.
4) Pour about half of the chocolate chips into stock pot and stir (do this step quickly as they will begin to melt).
5) Pour cereal mixture onto a greased sheet of parchment paper, silicone baking mat, or clean counter top and spread out so that it is in serving sized pieces. Pour remainder of chocolate chips over cereal mixture.
6) Allow mixture to cool. If mixture has not hardened as fast as you would like it to, place mixture in layers (with parchment paper between layers) in a Tupperware/Rubbermaid container and place in fridge.
(I have found the best way to clean this pot is to allow it to soak in HOT water overnight and then clean it in the morning.)
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
As soon as you are through with the pot, add the hot water and 1 tsp. baking soda. Quick clean!! Grandma BullockReplyDelete
I need to try this recipe. It looks good.ReplyDelete